Dev/Ops Engineering Specialist
Primal is changing the way people use the internet. We’re building intelligent assistants that we call “ants”, powered by a proprietary AI. Ants learn your interests and deliver content that matters to you.
We need more talented engineers like you to help us build and operate our technology.
As part of the product development team you are responsible for designing, building, deploying and administering Product systems in an Agile environment. You will contribute to the system architecture and make decisions on the supporting technologies. You have an understanding of systems management best practices and prior success delivering and managing systems infrastructures. You are constantly learning and looking for ways to improve, both personally and in the systems environments you support. You consider yourself technology agnostic, choosing the best tool for the job, whether it is an open source or commercial product. You thrive in a small team, agile-oriented start-up/ramp-up environment where people do what it takes to get the job done. Your innovation and creativity mean you know that understanding the problem you are solving is integral to selecting and configuring the right technologies.
- Managing and supporting internal and external (AWS) Production computing resources
- Shepherding product through the release process into Production
- Work on the Product Development team to design, implement, and maintain tools to automate the build, release and deployment of software artifacts
- Develop new solutions that enable better monitoring and management of Primal systems
- Technical System Analysis to identify performance, scalability and availability issues. Working with the team to propose and implement solutions.
- Collaborator and decision maker on product infrastructure in Primal’s hosted environment such as messaging systems, data stores, load balancing, auto-scaling and monitoring systems
We are looking for passionate and talented individuals. Ability and experience are what counts — not the specific number of years in a job.
- Post-secondary education in related fields, or equivalent experience
- Solid experience or knowledge of Linux based cloud and/or virtualized environments such as Amazon EC2 and VMWare
- Experience or strong knowledge of designing and deploying highly available, web scale systems
- Experience automating deployments, preferably with open source tools such as git, jenkins or ansible
- Ability to write scripts to automate processes
- Experience in data analytics – parsing, transforming, querying data from structured and unstructured sources.
- Excellent communicator with both technical and non-technical collaborators
- A passion for innovation and solving big problems
- Ability to collaborate on product innovation. Understanding problems, working within constraints, finding good enough solutions and measuring results
- Comfortable working in small but fast-growing companies with Agile and Lean work environments
Interested? If so, contact us now! Email email@example.com to begin exploring this opportunity.